Health Insurance in the U.S.
- 6 hours/6 CE credits
- $165 member/$205 nonmember
As the saying goes, the only two things we can count on are death and taxes. When it comes to death, very few people simply keel over and die instantly. Generally, they get sick or hurt, linger for a period of time, receiving care, hoping to extend their life. This class explores the types of care available in the United States when it comes to Health.
- The roots of health insurance coverage
- How medical Insurance evolved from its predecessor, work related insurance
- Types of insurance lines of coverage that fall under the Umbrella of Health Insurance (Disability, Long Term Care, Vision, Dental, Supplemental plans, Travel and Accident, Medicare Supplements, Medicare Advantage, Drug/Pharmacy plans, EAP’s and Mental Health programs)
- Individual health policies comparing vs. group policies
- FSA’s, HRA’s, and HSA’s
- PPO’s, HMO’s and POS plans
- Tax benefits associated with each type of policy
- ACA, its impact and its future
2018 Class Availability - Click On a Link to Register.
Austin – March 8
Dallas – May 10
Corpus Christi – June 6
Houston – June 27
San Antonio – Aug. 30
Tyler – Oct. 24