The auto dealers section of the ISO auto manual describes the types of dealerships which are eligible for a garage policy.
Dealers Eligible for the Auto Dealers Coverage Form
- Franchised private passenger auto dealer (with or without any other type of franchise) Note: "Franchise" refers to a sales contract the dealer maintains with a manufacturer.
- Franchised truck or truck-tractor dealer (with or without any other type of franchise except a private passenger auto franchise.)
- Franchised motorcycle dealer including all two-wheeled cycle vehicles (no private passenger or truck franchise)
- Franchised recreational vehicle dealer (no private passenger, snowmobile or residence type mobile home trailer franchise)
- Other franchised self-propelled land motor vehicle dealer (including snowmobile dealers). Note: This does not include equipment or implements such as might be used by contractors or farmers - see below.
- Non-franchised dealership of any type described above
- Franchised and non-franchised residence trailer dealers
- Franchised and non-franchised commercial trailer dealers
- Equipment and implement dealer
If a type of business is not listed here as eligible, then it is not eligible for coverage on a garage coverage form.