Eligibility: IIAT membership is open to agencies that meet all of these criteria
- Has a Texas general lines or limited lines property and casualty or general lines life and health license
- Operate on a commission basis and as an independent contractor
- Have, by contract with insurance companies, ownership of agency accounts and policy expirations
- Subscribe to IIAT's bylaws
To be eligible for membership in IIAT, an agency must have the contractual freedom and unqualified discretion to place business with any insurance company available to the agency. The agency cannot be associated publicly with any insurance company that limits in any way the free choice of markets by the agency.
Your membership payment is due in full upon approval of your membership application. You can pay by credit card or check.
IIAT agency dues are based on the number of full-time (20 or more hours per week) agency employees, including owners/shareholders, at all locations. IIAT's fiscal year is Sept. 1 - Aug. 31; therefore, your initial membership fee will vary depending on the month you join IIAT. Your membership will be paid through August. If you join in June, July or August, your membership is automatically effective through August of the following year.
Member Benefits Include:
- E&O insurance and IIAT Advantage insurance markets including workers’ compensation, personal umbrella and more.
- IIAT newsletters and publications like Texas Agent that keep you informed about new laws, regulations and industry developments
- FREE access to InfoCentral, IIAT's comprehensive online technical reference library service
- IIAT’s robust members-only website with helpful industry-specific information and free publications including the popular Best Practices.
- Discounted registration fees for IIAT's annual conference and other events
- Toll-free access to the IIAT staff, including experts in insurance coverages and management issues.
- Training and CE classes at reduced member rates and access to the Agents & Brokers Education Network which offers CE and training online
- Professional representation of your interests before the U.S. Congress, the Texas Legislature and the Texas Department of Insurance
- Access to the TrustedChoice.com, featuring an online search consumers can use to find independent agents
- Access to IIAT's Job Board at the member rate
- Access to online training and CE options
- A subscription to the Insurance Journal of Texas/South Central at no cost
- Membership in the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America, which provides a website with a comprehensive information database and a monthly magazine
- Access to the Trusted Choice national branding campaign