Provides step-by-step instructions on conducting a self-audit of your agency’s operations to determine any weak spots. By doing this, you can focus on areas that need the most attention.
Provides step-by-step instructions for developing your own Agency Procedures Manual, the primary goal of this guide.
Introduces the history of E&O loss exposures and the legal climate that increases the chances for experiencing an E&O claim. Discusses an agency’s common law and statutory duties to insureds, companies, and other beneficiaries of the insurance transaction.
- A Short History of E&O Exposure Development
- What Drives E&O Losses?
- What Constitutes an Error or Omission?
- Common Causes of Errors
- Sources of an Insurance Agent's Legal Responsibilities
- Common Law Duties of an Agency to its Insured
- Common Law Duties of an Agency to its Company
- Common Law Duties of an Agency to Others
- The Laws of Agency
- Statutory Duties of Insurance Agents