E&O TIP #2

In Texas, surplus lines brokers must have a surplus lines agents license in order to legally transact business with non-admitted carriers. Be sure any surplus lines brokers you deal with are properly licensed and carry E&O coverage. You can check licenses at the TDI agent search page on their website.