Join Marit and insurance analytics consultant Paul Buse to get insights into the performance of the Texas P&C marketplace. Paul will explore the numbers from 2021 and tell you what they mean for your business.
Here’s the big picture (you’ll have to watch to learn the details and what it all means):
- The overall P&C loss ratio was up above five-year average in 2021.
- The largest line of business for independent agents is Personal Auto, followed by Homeowners and Commercial Auto.
- Independent agent distribution is growing.
- Premiums are growing a little faster rate than national growth rate, but growth is slower than the five-year average.
- Surplus lines premium continue to be a bigger share of the premium pie in Texas and above U.S. average.
Thursday, May 12, 2022 | 10-11 AM
About Paul A. Buse, CPCU, ARM
Paul Buse is the Principal of Real Insurance Solutions Consulting -- Where experience, data Analytics and creativity meet. Paul provides consulting services including market research, risk-financing and analysis situation to help agencies achieve growth. He bases his approach on his MBA training and 30 years of experience in consulting and managing a national insurance wholesale operation and reinsurance company.