TWIA's Board of Directors is seeking interested persons to serve on TWIA’s Actuarial & Underwriting Committee. If you are interested or can recommend someone for the position, please let them know. Learn about the application process below.
Who Should Apply?
Applicants should have:
- Demonstrated experience with TWIA-related issues;
- Actuarial, underwriting, or other technical expertise; and/or
- Diverse perspectives, with backgrounds in insurance, public service, or other relevant areas.
What Does the Actuarial & Underwriting Committee Do?
The Committee provides expertise and advice to the TWIA Board of Directors on technical matters about underwriting, rate adequacy, use of catastrophe modeling, and related areas as assigned by the Board.
Specific tasks customarily assigned to the Committee have included:
- Review of the Association’s annual Rate Adequacy Analysis and related recommendations to the Board;
- Evaluation of underwriting data and its applicability to actuarial issues; and
- Assessment of potential vendors for contracts related to the Committee’s areas of expertise.
Committee members are expected to review and make recommendations based on information provided by TWIA staff, TWIA vendors, and other sources. The Committee meets at least once a year but may meet more frequently depending on work assigned to it by the Board of Directors.
How to Apply
Interested parties may recommend themselves or others for a position on the Committee by filling out this form. TWIA is accepting recommendations through January 28, 2022.
If you have questions about the Committee or this recommendation process, please contact [email protected].