On August 8, 2022, Weston was placed in receivership and ordered into liquidation by the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation. The company has ceased issuing new insurance coverages and, pursuant to applicable law and court orders, Weston’s policies are cancelled effective 12:01 a.m. on September 7, 2022; unless otherwise terminated prior to that date.
- TWIA Agent Bulletin: Weston Insurance Insolvency and
- Notice to Agent or Broker of Weston Property & Casualty Insurance Co.
- Weston FAQs
- Important Dates & Deadlines
- Weston Contact Page
The Texas Insurance Guaranty Association provides certain protection for claims and unearned premium in these situations. View Texas Insurance Guaranty Association’s FAQs to learn more.
Tips for Responding to Carrier Downgrades and Insolvencies
The IIAT Advantage E&O team offers the following resources to help you respond to carrier downgrades and insolvencies. These resources are not exhaustive, they are generalized. They can be modified to apply to your specific needs.
- Notifying Insureds of Carrier Insolvency (Sample Letter)
- E&O Tips for Responding to Carrier Insolvency
- Webinar: E&O Tips for Reacting to Carrier Downgrades
The IIAT Advantage E&O Team can help you with these topics or any other E&O questions you might have. Contact Gunnar Kephart at 512.493.2421.