Insurance Service Representative License (ISR)

This license is available as an alternative to the general lines property and casualty license for individuals who are employed on a salaried basis in the office of a property and casualty agent. The ISR is authorized to:

  • Explain insurance coverage,
  • Describe an insurance product,
  • Quote insurance premium rates, and
  • Issue insurance binders.

Agency Affiliations of Insurance Service Representatives

An individual that holds an Insurance Service Representative (ISR) license can be affiliated with only one agency at a time. When an ISR leaves one agency and is hired by another agency, an ISR Transfer Form must be submitted to TDI along with a $10 fee. The form is available at the TDI web site.