Have you ever heard of the Mid-America Insurance Conference (MAIC) – formerly known as the Mid-America Technical Conference (MATC)? Did you know MAIC drafts 30 or so potential coverage enhancement ideas for ISO, ACCORD, and NCCI every year? ISO treats this group as a research source for changes that impact the ISO forms used countrywide.
MAIC is a group of insurance agents, insurance company representatives and ISO, NCCI and ACORD representatives from 21 states volunteering to plow through complex insurance policies and develop resolutions for “fuzzy” coverage areas adversely affecting the consumer. Learn more.
MAIC needs your help.
- Participation – the Conference will be held November 5-7, 2023 at the Embassy Suites, KCI Airport. All agents and insurance company employees are invited.
- Company Contributions – if your company donates $500 or more, at least one complimentary registration will be extended.
- Examples of conflicts and/or problems arising from claims, audits, underwriting or other sources.
Here's what's in it for you:
- Early, “right off the street” concerns that exist with current policy forms and ISO’s and NCCI’s proposed responses.
- Voice your concerns and opinions about any perceived inequities in policy forms.
- Opportunity to network with our industry’s top technical minds in formal and informal settings.
There will be multiple suggestions from agents on changes to be made to Homeowners, Personal Auto, Business Auto, Commercial Property, Commercial General Liability, Crime and Workers Compensation Insurance policies discussed this November. Additionally, emerging issues will be a topic of discussion: driverless cars; drones; etc.
MAIC is currently soliciting agenda items for discussion at the MAIC meetings in Kansas City this fall. These important discussions center on emerging issues relating to insurance forms, and give agents a chance to review these issues with ISO, NCCI, and ACORD. If you would like to submit an agenda item for review please, send those to MAIC no later than August 1st, 2023.
Send examples of concerns/conflicts (Agenda Items) no later than July 31, 2023 to:
Midwest Risk Partners
12647 Olive Blvd, Suite 400
Creve Coeur, MO 63141